Approximate publication date: Early September 2019
Suits Year 12
Cambridge Senior Mathematics for Queensland combines a proven teaching and learning formula with innovative digital capabilities to explicitly support the implementation of the new maths syllabuses across Units 1&2 in 2019 and Units 3&4 in 2020 to lead students towards success in their new internal and external assessments.
- The proven teaching and learning formula combines logical and manageable topic development, graded questions, linked, step-by-step worked examples, key point summaries and exam-style questions in an uncluttered layout that is easy to follow.
- Written explicitly to cover the content and spirit of the new Queensland syllabus, directed by Queensland consultants, Cambridge Senior Mathematics for Queensland includes scaffolded and unscaffolded problem-solving and modelling tasks and investigations, Degree-of-Difficulty categorisation alongside every question, practice for Queensland assessment and use on cognitive verbs that students must master.
- Problem-solving and modelling questions and investigations allow students to solve mathematical problems and gain strategic competence in real-world contexts.
- Cambridge Senior Mathematics has been created by an author team with unrivalled expertise in writing examples and problems to prepare students for external assessment.
- Our authors, including Michael Evans, Peter Jones and David Greenwood, have proven experience interpreting the Australian Curriculum, as well as consultation with experienced Queensland teachers Chicri Maksoud, Ray Minns, Trevor Redmond and Steve Sisson.