INDIVIDUAL SET - Early Readers Fiction (Level 4)– Books 1 – 10
10 Books – 1 copy of each title
This set of Early Readers (Level 4) have been created to give children the opportunity to master the identification of Level 4 sound set, sh, ch, th (them), th (thin), qu, ng, wh, ph, g (gem), c (cent) (as well as the level 1, 2 and 3 sounds) and how to blend and read VC, CVC and some CCVC/CVCC words.
These books contain a low word count, single syllable words, and have larger font than our Series 1 Level 4 readers and are great for use in foundation (Kindergarten/Prep/Reception) and as intervention readers for Years 1 and 2.
Our Level 4 books also have a individual readers that focus on one letter/sound correspondence. Book 1 focusses on 'sh', Book 2 focuses on 'ch', Book 3 focuses on 'ng', Book 4 focusses on 'qu' and Book 5-10 has a mix of all these letter/sounds for cumulative practice purposes.
All Early Readers books contain pre reading word warm ups and post-reading comprehension questions to also check for understanding.
- Lower word count (for vulnerable learners or students in foundation)
- Words with just 3-4 sounds (most words are single syllable words)
- Larger font (1-2 sentences per page)
- 10 books per level
- Level 4-8 have phonics focus readers (digraphs and vowel sound/spelling focus. The text contains multiple words with the letter/sound correspondence focus)
- More fun Australian adventures with our much loved Aussie characters.