The ATAR Notes How to Analyse Poetry Guide covers everything you need to know for your set texts. No matter what non-fiction text you’re studying, this book is designed to help you understand the genre and how best to approach your essays. Written by an outstanding English student, this book does the hard work for you: condensing the important elements of poetry, all while offering plenty of useful guidance for your assessment tasks.
This Analysis Guide contains:
- Advice for reading and annotating poems
- Detailed analyses of structural features and poetic devices
- Exemplary sample essays with commentary designed to help you increase your marks
- Highlighted vocabulary words to learn and integrate
- Examples from a wide range of commonly studied poems
- Valuable advice from a high-scoring former student who shares their tips and tricks for success
- What Makes a Poem a Poem?
- Reading and Annotating Poems
- How to Analyse Poems
- Sample Essays