The aim of the series of blackline masters is to take children back to basics when learning to spell. Each list has been compiled to support this approach with words gleaned from proven contemporary lists used around the English speaking world. These words were chosen to reflect the children’s language abilities, interests and experiences.
- comprehensive, whole-year blackline master spelling program
- detailed teachers notes including a suggested timetable, dictation passages, additional spelling activities, journal page, certificates and answers
- 20 two-weekly units of work covering phonic families, spelling rules and word origins
- homonyms, silent letters, suffixes and prefixes and easily confused words
- variety of activities enables students to use different strategies in learning how to spell