Reading for Detail blackline masters contain a collection of entertaining fiction and non-fiction texts, with activities designed to help students extract important details from each text. A wide variety of writing forms is used.
- entertaining fiction and nonfiction texts including plays, newspaper reports, instructions, interviews, experiments and advertisements
- blackline master activities designed to help students extract important details from each text
- a wide variety of writing forms is used, including narrative, recount, procedure, report, explanation and exposition
- activities range from word study, retrieval charts and short answer questions to cause and effect, point of view and challenging writing tasks
- teachers notes and answers