Focusing on Those Specific Mapping Skills
Mapping and Atlas Skills is a series of blackline masters focusing on those specific mapping skills required in the classroom, with particular reference to the learning areas of Society and Environment and mathematics.
Once learnt, these classroom skills inevitably will flow over into a wide range of ‘life skills’ and will prove invaluable to the students outside the classroom.
- focuses on specific mapping and atlas skills required by studies of society and environment programs
- blackline master activities concentrate on the basic skills of accurate identification of known and unknown locations and the provision of accurate instructions to others
- activities promote skills that are transferable across the curriculum and into adult life
- works in conjunction with any standard school map
- skills include horizontal and vertical grid coordinates, mud maps, compass points, interior and exterior ‘plans’, giving directions and many more outcome links, proforma and answers