- Students not only need to communicate in acceptable standard English, but also to use the language appropriately to suit the purpose and audience they are writing for.
- Exploring Writing is a series of two workbooks designed to meet that need.
- Containing different types of text and activities, the workbooks show students how to recognise these texts and the language features used in the texts before they attempt the writing assignments.
- The intended outcome is for students to write confidently and fluently.
- covers a range of text types such as recounts, reports, expositions, narratives and short functional texts
- provide information on how to recognise various types of text
- each unit focuses on a text type and begins with a model of that text
- activities highlight key features of the text
- checklists help students to write according to the intended purpose and audience
- provide space for students to make notes and create their own piece of writing.
Ideal for Secondary