Cloze is an effective teaching strategy widely used to assist in the development of reading and comprehension skills. Semantic and syntactic skills are developed as students use the context clues around the missing words in the text to make sense of each individual sentence.
As the title suggests, Contemporary Cloze blackline masters cover a wide range of contemporary topics. These include up-to-date information about popular interests or themes, recent inventions or developments, and discussion about a selection of contemporary issues.
- high-interest, contemporary topics such as mobile phones, bullying and the Harry Potter phenomenon
- reading strategies that allow students to either:
- (i) choose word from a list by using context clues; or
- (ii) provide own words.
- language skills such as grammar and parts of speech featured
- activities help to promote written expression and expand vocabulary