Comprehension is a very important part of the language program. Many children can indicate an ability to read written text, however the accurate comprehension of the text is even more important.
This series of blackline masters takes comprehension in isolation, and provides a range of text and questioning forms that will provide variety to the classroom language program.
- varied presentations of informative text make this series functional
- children relate each activity to the real world
- blackline master activities are followed with a page of questions at three levels of comprehension
- high-interest topics include seasons, computers, dinosaurs, farming, oceans, telescopes, pollution and the Great Barrier Reef
- teacher pages and answers