Cloze is a well known teaching strategy for developing language skills in schools. The author has used his extensive experience as a classroom teacher and principal to write this series of blackline masters which provides cloze exercises that are varied and interesting.
- two main types of cloze are covered:
- (i) answer lists are given; and
- (ii) children provide their own words.
- reading strategies include context clues, syntactic and semantic skills, and word recognition
- high-interest topics to motivate students
- imaginative blackline master passages will help to expand vocabulary and promote written expression
- teachers notes and answers